- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
About the company
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Role
Product Managers at Robinhood are responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with professionals in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize finance for all.
The security of our investors’ data and funds is a requirement for their success on the platform, and for Robinhood’s success as a business. As product manager for Security Services, you’ll work on new products and services that protect millions of investors and allow them to safely access financial markets. Together with engineering and operations, you’ll define and implement the direction for the tools and services that secure the Robinhood platform and keep both investor and employee data protected with proper controls.
- Your work will play a key role in building and maintaining trust with Robinhood’s customers, regulators, and the public.
- Learn more about the Trust Engineering team here!
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Establishing a product vision and shared set of priorities across the team and the company, which meet the most important needs of our investors and internal teams.
- Implementing foundational services, policies & controls to ensure Robinhood is a trustworthy place for customers across our product offerings.
- Reinforcing security and privacy as guiding principles across all of Robinhood
- Working with engineering, operations and data to scale and strengthen new and existing security and privacy services.
- Collaborating with privacy/security, design, broader engineering, data science, compliance, legal and operations to ship meaningful, high-impact products, features and experiments
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 4+ years experience building and shipping high-quality products or services
- Prior experience developing products in security, privacy, identity & access management or a related area
- Familiarity with access controls, user lifecycle management, and role-based access
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Growth mindset - motivation to be a self-starter
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Computer Science major
- Track record of using research, experimentation and product analytics to guide decision making
- Experience working in fintech or financial services
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes..
Robinhood embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Additionally, Robinhood is happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the hiring process and respects the privacy of all applications.