- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
About the company
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Role
Product Managers at Robinhood are responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with professionals in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize finance for all.
As product manager for Trust & Safety, you’ll be responsible for the foundational products, features and services that all product areas will utilize to ensure Robinhood is a safe place for our user’s personal data and money. Our customers’ success is our success; you will directly help customers safely invest, engage & transact on the Robinhood platform as they build their financial future! This includes building controls and transparency around security, privacy and user safety, identifying potentially harmful situations, moderating and enforcing policies that keep users and their holdings safe, and creating solutions that will mitigate future risk to users. Your work will play a key role in building and maintaining trust with Robinhood’s customers, regulators, and the public.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Defining and implementing Robinhood’s trust product vision and priorities across product verticals, partners, and the broader company.
- You will be responsible for creating and implementing the product roadmap and that balances near-term results with longer-term investment needs
- Implement foundational services, policies & controls to ensure Robinhood is a trustworthy place for customers across our product offerings.
- Collaborating with privacy/security, design, broader engineering, data science, compliance, legal and operations to ship meaningful, high-impact products, features and experiments
- Building tools that enable users to report interactions, transactions, and situations when they feel at risk and/or have been harmed
- Identifying problematic behavior on the platform and taking steps to moderate and restrict interactions and transactions. This work may include removing users who violate our policies and/or placing them on Robinhood’s “Do not do business with” list, as appropriate
- Finding ways to maximize utility of common features, while identifying unique needs specific to product lines and/or geographies
- Partnering with the lifecycle marketing and communications teams to evangelize the work Robinhood is doing to protect customers
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 3+ years experience building and shipping high-quality consumer products
- Prior experience in a trust & safety, content moderation or security role
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to guide decision making
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Experience working with machine learning
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science major
- Experience working in fintech or financial services
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes..
Robinhood embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Additionally, Robinhood is happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the hiring process and respects the privacy of all applications.