- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Technical Program Manager to develop and drive high impact Risk, Fraud, and Financial Crimes programs across the company - partnering with infrastructure, product, operations, and risk and compliance teams to build platforms and services that enable best in class risk management and protection from bad actors.
The role will be centralized within our growing Technical Programs team, and will partner with the Risk, Fraud, and Financial Crimes engineering teams to help craft programs to support their overall strategy, establish effective communication processes, build strong collaboration with cross functional partners across the org, and ultimately drive execution towards the organization’s goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business, and have the ability to help build the sustainable practices that lead to a successful team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hands on, end-to-end program management from design to delivery
- Help evangelize the engineering team’s plans and overall strategy
- Provide visibility to the team’s work and priorities through strong communication practices
- Establish lean processes to help the team operate more effectively, with a focus on productivity
- Engage with internal customers like backend and product engineering teams to ensure the alignment of needs and priorities with Risk, Fraud, and FinCrimes initiatives
- Work closely with the legal and regulatory arms of the company to ensure any compliance and legal requirements are captured accurately
- 5+ years of experience with managing engineering programs at scale
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to design and implementation decisions with engineering counterparts
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity and translating it to impactful results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences
- Have domain expertise in the integrity, anti-abuse, and fraud detection space
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems.
- Familiarity with Python, or similar dynamic programming languages
- Knowledge of machine learning and data science a plus.
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).