- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to develop and drive high impact programs within our Security Engineering organization - which is responsible for building the tools and services that secure our platform and our users.
The role will be centralized within our growing Technical Programs team, and will partner with the Infrastructure Engineering team to help craft programs to support their overall strategy, establish effective communication processes, build strong collaboration with cross functional partners across the org, and ultimately drive execution towards the team’s goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business, and have the ability to help build the sustainable practices that lead to a successful team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Hands on, end-to-end program management from design to delivery
- Help evangelize the Security engineering team’s plans and overall strategy
- Provide visibility to the team’s work and priorities through strong communication practices
- Establish lean processes to help the team operate more effectively, with a focus on productivity
- Engage with internal partners in our engineering, legal, compliance, and risk teams to ensure the alignment of needs and priorities with Security initiatives
- Work closely with the legal and regulatory arms of the company to ensure any compliance and legal requirements are captured accurately
- 5+ years of experience with managing engineering programs at scale
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to design and implementation decisions with engineering counterparts
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity and translating it to impactful results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize automation over manual process.
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems.
- Familiarity with Python, or similar dynamic programming languages.
- Experience with data warehousing and data analysis
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.