- Westlake, TX
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
The Financial Crimes Team at Robinhood works across a number of verticals in an effort to protect our customers, and ensure compliance with all relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions rules and regulations. As our Team of passionate professionals continues to evolve the program, we are focused on leveraging innovative thinking and technology to create a best-in-class Financial Crimes Program .
As the Manager of Transaction Monitoring, you’ll play an essential role in ensuring that all activity across Robinhood’s platforms is being appropriately reviewed and escalated to meet regulatory expectations.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Help lead the firm’s surveillance efforts over transaction monitoring and develop a robust program across all products.
- Provide training, as appropriate, to staff and business partners to ensure consistency. in approach, and growth in depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Tailor desk-top procedures to align with the risk-based AML Program.
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement surveillance solutions for new products.
- Identify areas of improvement based on calibration and validation analysis.
- Assist in developing a strategy for the implementation of a machine learning model to reduce false positives and focus efforts on meaningful alert generation.
- Build out a team, as appropriate, leveraging both internal and external resources.
- Implement responsive and timely surveillance solutions in response to new regulatory rules and guidance.
- Consider predictive behavioral modeling to supplement rules-based scenarios.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in a related field
- 10-15+ years working in Surveillance or related compliance function
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Strong knowledge of Transaction Monitoring surveillance across various products (e.g. Crypto, cash products, etc.)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of Actimize Transaction Monitoring or other vendor solutions (e.g. Oracle Mantas)
- FINRA Series 24
- General financial services industry experience as a regulator, within compliance, audit, or risk.
- We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
- Robinhood promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Robinhood provides reasonable accommodations for