- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Management
- Financial Services
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We are one of the fastest growing news sources in the finance industry. Our team strives to make financial news more accessible, entertaining and relevant by changing the way it is curated, shared and consumed by the next generation. We serve millions of readers and listeners (see: Robinhood Snacks), partner with leading publishers (e.g., Bloomberg) and lead news efforts within and outside the Robinhood app. We aim to be a 24-hour news team, making real-time decisions based on key events and what our audience cares about.
You’re a community builder and liaison with a passion for serving customers through financial editorial. You’re driven not just to share great markets news content in creative, innovative ways, but to elevate the community’s voice within our original coverage across platforms. You’re excited to build the bridge between editorial and our audience, and help drive new editorial efforts based on the community’s feedback and dialogue, intertwining news and education.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build Robinhood Snacks’ community strategy: You’ll cultivate ongoing conversation with our audience through interactive campaigns, and help infuse our audience’s voices into our daily news coverage. You’ll be the eyes and ears of our community, observing what they care about, and ensuring their voices are amplified.
- Hone and execute our off-platform strategy: You’ll craft a cross-platform engagement strategy, optimizing social channels and other platforms as an extension of our daily products. You’ll steer and develop new storytelling formats, from informative posts to behind the scenes looks, explainers, special events, and live interviews.
- Proliferate User-Generated-Content on the Snacks social channels and infuse UGC into the core Snacks products in meaningful ways.
- Be creative and unconventional: You’ll create clever campaigns that go beyond our existing content to spark meaningful interaction. Take a look at our “Snacks Madness” brackets from March 2020 and “TBOY” awards. Now take it up a notch. We want to surprise and delight our audience.
- Engage with the newest news: You’re able to respond quickly to breaking news stories, with original content that may not appear in the Snacks newsletter or podcast.
- Oversee posting on social media and related visuals: You’ll oversee daily production of posting across channels, ensuring quality, consistency, and timeliness. You’ll also oversee the ideation, development, and publishing of related graphics and visuals.
- Metrics tracking: You’ll track the performance and traction of our coverage and community efforts, identifying patterns and outliers. You’ll also support new audience surveys about our editorial products.
- Collaboration: You’ll work with internal partners, such as our compliance, legal, and design teams across projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in an editorial setting
- 4 - 8 years of overseeing community and/or social media for a brand or publisher
- You’re driven to find new ways to engage in meaningful dialogue about key financial events and topics through social media and community outreach.
- You have an ownership mentality and are comfortable executing community and social initiatives end-to-end, from ideation, to operations, building, and delivery.
- Experience leveraging design templates and and directing social-first content, like audiograms or short-form edited videos.
- Organizational skills to oversee UGC campaigns and a community / social calendar
- You have a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality. You’re excited to respond to Snackers and engage directly with the audience.
- Familiarity with data. You’re fluent in engagement metrics, and can surface trends of what’s resonating or not.
- You can communicate with our audience in a voice that helps make finance as relevant as music, sports, and the arts.
- Love for creating new experiences to explain key frameworks and support meaningful dialogue
- Experience supporting community and/or social media at an editorial publisher
- Experience contributing to a financial editorial team or to business editorial efforts
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).