- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Product Management
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning—and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working in the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
As the Crypto Research Lead, you’ll identify and prioritize key foundational and tactical research to shape Robinhood’s product, brand, and growth strategy. You’ll create a long-term research agenda that delivers a deep understanding of Robinhood’s current and future crypto customers. In partnership with other crypto researchers on the team, you’ll deliver actionable research insights and recommendations that drive decision making at the highest levels of the company.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact questions from a product or business perspective
- Leading research end-to-end to answer those questions with a strong command of UX research methods: qualitative and/or quantitative—survey development and related data analysis
- Representing the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process, partnering closely with PMs, designers, engineers, and leadership
- Clearly communicating your research insights for teams to translate research findings to product and business impact
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users
- Working with the researchers within your group to shape each team’s research roadmap with an eye toward connection, cohesion, and collaboration.
- Driving the overall product group research roadmap spanning strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research—scoping and allocating projects across the group balancing between user needs and business goals.
- Mentoring junior to mid-level researchers embedded on teams within your product group as they hone their craft and engage in rigorous research, providing day-to-day guidance to them on programs of research and/or individual studies, prioritization, and setting expectations for quality and impact
- Experienced mixed-method User Experience Researcher, with a background conducting both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Deep knowledge of cryptocurrency (e.g., blockchain, wallets, etc.) as well as recent crypto trends (new coins, exchanges, etc.)
- Masters or PhD Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- 6-8+ years of research experience in industry
- Deep knowledge of and applied experience with research, including foundational, iterative, and evaluative; the relative merits of different methods and when and how to apply them during product development; knows when and how to take a mixed-methods approach
- Record of applying your research skills to build product and business impact
- Record of mentoring junior researchers
- Able to empower and drive others to pursue excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that drive impact
- Able to balance a need for speed and DIY spirit with rigor and dedication to craft
- Able to think big and understand complex problems, and to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).