- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Product Management
Charlotte, NC, or Lake Mary, FL, or Menlo Park, CA, or New York City, NY, or Seattle, WA, or Westlake, TX, or Remote
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to lead our Market Operations team. This team is responsible for oversight of equities and options order processing, margin and options oversight, market data, and best execution. As the Market Operations Director you’ll be leading a team that executes on critical daily business functions. You will focus on continuing to scale this team to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. You will collaborate with our product and engineering teams to execute on innovative projects, ultimately improving customer satisfaction, reducing risk, and finding efficiencies.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead a team responsible for overseeing Equity and Options order processing
- Be responsible for the forecasting, planning, and intra-day workforce management of the Market Operations team
- Coordinate Market Operations responsibilities including risk monitoring and prevention, order flow and execution analysis, and trade error reconciliation
- Partner closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, and scale Robinhood products and systems
- Handle and resolve escalated issues from our product, support, and operations teams
- Oversee special projects related to the above mentioned functions
- Work closely with compliance, legal and other teams to ensure processes and procedures are compliant and always up to date in the written supervisory procedures
- Be a voting member of the Risk and Operating, Product, and potentially other committees
- Help your team develop OKRs (objectives and key results) and also help empower your team to execute on their OKRs
- Present to senior leadership and regulators on various topics
Some things we consider critical to being a Market Operations Director:
- Inspire, mentor, and develop a hardworking team of brokers to deliver an extraordinary brokerage experience for our customers
- Be a great team leader who fosters conditions that allow for a team to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement operational improvements
- Ability to drive a positive customer experience by influencing and leading cross-functional groups
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 7+ years experience in retail Brokerage Operations and/or Bachelor’s in finance, business, or quantitative field
- Eligible and able to begin work for standard market hours (9am ET) due to the nature of the market responsibility
- Series 7, Series 63, and Series 24
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Strong knowledge of options, margin, equities, and order processing
- Experience managing options from new account reviews and approvals to trading and risk management
- Understanding of market data requirements and ability to oversight a market data program
- Expert-level knowledge of middle office brokerage operations
- Strong communication and influencing skills, experience working cross-functional and external partners
- Proven ability to lead People Leaders and their respective teams, while balancing competing priorities, workloads and deadlines
- Proven success driving results through data-driven methods
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- FINRA licensed series 9/10
- Finra licensed series 4 or can obtain within 3 months from start date
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).