- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Product Management
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is hiring a Director to lead our Product and Consumer Communications function and be responsible for delivering exceptional media and consumer results focused on our technology, services, and products. You’ll build out and lead a growing communications team that crafts the media narrative behind our core products and technology. You’ll be adept at bringing teams together across product, marketing, and brand to capture the imagination of customers and drive brand awareness and participation. You’ll explore innovative ways to tell our story through consumer press, finding new ways to reach people and to help them see themselves as investors.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead the teams responsible for product and consumer media and determine the Robinhood narrative
- Work cross-functionally to amplify integrated campaigns with Brand, Content Marketing, Product Marketing, and other teams
- Build on the Robinhood brand narrative
- Work closely with Compliance and Legal regarding all aspects of your role
- 10+ years of direct experience in public relations and communications, including experience building consumer campaigns and launching products
- Close relationships with tech and consumer press
- Crisis management experience
- Experience in building and leading successful, diverse teams
- Experience building easy-to-understand narratives from complex technical matters
- Deep understanding of new media and influencers
- Experience working on high profile brands
- Proven ability to reach Gen Z and Millennial audiences
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).