- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Product Management
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for an Internal Communications specialist to support our growing engineering organization and thriving employee community. This person will partner with business leaders to craft and own the engineering organization’s communication strategy to ensure an engaged, informed, and aligned workforce. This is a complex organization with a diverse audience, including platform teams, business teams, and functions like Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Corporate Engineering, Technical Program Management, Quality Assurance, and more. You will drive engineering’s editorial calendar and manage all internal communication content and channels. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, good business judgment, strong intuition, and experience managing strategic communications and employee engagement in a fast-moving environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop clear narratives and message maps for engineering leaders and managers
- Drive communication channels and content calendaring for the team
- Provide executive communications support and communications counsel to leaders
- Coordinate and manage organizational programs and events, including the organization’s All Hands and Engineering Manager forums
- Support communications content and planning during complex, ambiguous, and fast-moving situations
- Write and edit internal announcements and leadership messages, as well as technical priority updates for the organization
- Propose new event series to support the engineering community
- Share compelling employee stories from the organization
- Coach and prepare speakers for internal programs
- Manage internal information and collaboration tools
- 7+ years of experience in communications, PR, employee experience, program management, or similar areas of expertise
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Experience building relationships with diverse stakeholders and company leaders
- Experience managing programs, events, and organizational changes
- Experience building robust communications programs and plans
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn quickly and explain broad subject matter effectively
- Expert use of information and collaboration apps such as Slack, Atlassian, Coda, Airtable, and more
- Track record of cultivating community in work, school, or volunteer settings
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).