- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Product Management
Menlo Park, CA, New York City, NY, or Remote
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning - and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working in the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
We’re looking for a marketing researcher to join the research team. You’ll help us understand customer needs, brand sentiment, and competitive insights while also helping to develop marketing and communications strategy that will drive customer growth and engagement. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment, loves collaboration, and is curious and flexible.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, New York, or remote.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Planning and leading research projects end-to-end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research to achieve our marketing objectives
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact research questions around customer needs, attitudes, and engagement
- Answering those questions with a strong command of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Working closely with Marketing and Product Stakeholders to ensure insights are converted to action
- Integrating alternate data sources (primary and secondary research, campaign analytics, attribution metrics, etc.) to inform and support research
- Translating research insights into recommendations that drive brand sentiment, communications, marketing strategy, user acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Being a thought-partner to our brand and product strategists to identify concrete ways of delivering on our mission
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood customers and potential customers
- Proactively shaping market research prioritization through collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Communicating data and insights across the org in a way that unites and aligns the business around key areas and data-points to understand and react to
- 4-6+ years of marketing research experience in industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- Record of applying qual and quant research skills to drive brand and business impact
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research
- Experience directing agencies/vendors
- Ability to draft high quality survey questionnaires, implement sampling strategies, and analyze survey data
- Strong work ethic, excellent organization and communication skills
- Love and care for your craft
- Masters or PhD Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, Marketing, or similar
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).