- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Management
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning - and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working in the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.We’re looking for a marketing researcher to join the research team. You’ll help us understand user needs and brand sentiment while also helping to develop marketing and communications strategy that will drive user growth and engagement. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment, loves collaboration, and is curious and flexible.This is a full-time position based in New York City.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact questions from a product or business perspective
- Answering those questions with a strong command of qualitative and quantitative methods - especially survey development and related data analysis
- Planning and leading research end to end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research
- Representing the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process, working closely with PMs, designers, engineers, and leadership
- Clearly communicating your research insights for teams to translate research findings to product and business impact
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users
- 6-8+ years of qualitative research experience; it can either be industry-only, or a combination of industry experience and academic research
- Masters or PhD Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- Record of applying your research skills to create product and business impact
- Strong work ethic, excellent organization and communication skills
- Love and care for your craft
Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.