- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Product Management
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We are one of the fastest growing news sources in the finance industry. Our team strives to make financial news more accessible, entertaining and relevant by changing the way it is curated, shared and consumed by the next generation. We serve millions of readers and listeners (see: Robinhood Snacks), partner with leading publishers (e.g., Bloomberg) and lead news efforts within and outside the Robinhood app. We aim to be a 24-hour news team, making real-time decisions based on key events and what our audience cares about.
You’re a financial writer who loves markets news. You’re driven to dig beneath headlines to understand what company news means for shareholders and the public; how the economy connects to the markets; how tech, social issues, and consumer trends shape business, and what private company innovation means for public markets.
This News Writer role will be based in New York, joining our growing News team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- As part of the News team, you’ll be on the pulse of the daily financial news cycle. You’ll work closely with News editors and writers to pitch, develop, write and refine stand-out financial stories, crafted for our customers, not financiers.
- Your core responsibility is researching and writing incisive, concise daily stories and analysis in Robinhood’s editorial voice, as well as delivering planned features.
- You’ll contribute to daily coverage selection and write breaking news explainers. You’ll also help pitch, research and fact check story coverage.
- You’ll closely follow the news cycle and strategically help place the coverage we deliver to Robinhood customers, including our in-app newsfeed, so they stay connected to the most important markets stories.
- Additionally, we’ll lean on you to help share and execute experiments and initiatives, finding new, strategic ways to reach customers with helpful, compelling coverage.
- You’ll help ensure our news products span a balance of perspectives and topics, and uphold Robinhood’s editorial and ethics standards.
- You’ll work with internal partners, such as our Compliance, legal, product, design and engineering teams, on current and future news products.
- Here, you will have the opportunity to transform your career in a dynamic environment that supports excellence and autonomy.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a newsroom setting
- Previous experience covering news, working in, and reacting to breaking-news situations
- A love for news and keen editorial judgment. You’re eager to make people’s financial lives better through news that delivers key insights and education
- Quick. Clear. Engaging. You’re able to break down financial concepts and make them easy to understand and digestible for a broad audience
- You’re not satisfied with a summary — you can find “the story within a story,” and connect events to the bigger picture
- You have an ownership mentality. You’re constantly looking for your next story, and are driven to hone your craft and find better ways to serve customers
- You prioritize quality and pay strong attention to detail, factual precision, and nuance
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally, experiment, and develop new tools
- Experience in journalism, the financial industry, or media.
- Love for creative analogies and finding new ways to explain key frameworks and concepts
- Experience covering markets and/or economics news
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.