- Washington, DC
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Product Management
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019, 2020 and 2021
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking to hire an innovation-minded, senior professional to join our Government Affairs team as a Senior Manager, Digital Assets. In this role, you will report to our Deputy General Counsel, Government & Regulatory Affairs, and be Robinhood’s lead advocate on policy matters for Robinhood Crypto before Congress, federal and state regulators, and other key policy stakeholders in the area of digital assets. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop proactive policy positions and strategies for Robinhood Crypto and advocate on behalf of the firm before key policy making audiences including Congress and federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Monitor, identify, and analyze the public policy discussion and legislative and regulatory trends, developments, and risks surrounding digital assets; communicate decision-useful information back to senior management and other key internal stakeholders.
- Represent Robinhood in meetings with policymakers, regulators, and external stakeholders, participate in key external trade associations and policy forums, and develop long-term partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Serve as a thought leader on digital asset policy and regulation including by developing content (e.g., speeches, talking points and position papers) for public presentations or closed-door policy briefings.
- Work with cross-functional partners to generate comment letters and consultation responses.
- Collaborate with Robinhood’s marketing and communications professionals regarding marketing initiatives, media inquiries, and other strategic messaging.
- 5+ years of public policy experience
- Substantial experience working for a member of Congress or a Congressional committee, or advocating on behalf of a digital asset and/or blockchain business before Congress or state regulatory bodies
- Experience with and knowledge of digital asset and/or blockchain technologies
- Existing relationships and positive rapport with relevant government stakeholders, peer companies, and industry groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; extraordinary ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution oriented attitude with the humility, drive, and creativity to get things done
- Experience working with broker-dealers
- Significant experience engaging with or working for one or more federal or state financial services regulators, particularly in the areas of digital assets and/or blockchain technologies
- J.D. degree
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.