- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Management
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our Editorial team spans News and Education. We’re responsible for one of the fastest-growing news sources in the finance industry, as well as a core part of Robinhood’s Education efforts. Our team strives to make financial information and financial literacy content more accessible and relevant by changing the way it is curated, shared, and consumed by the next generation. Our Education team creates key learning experiences for all of our customers, from those new to investing to more advanced traders. These educational touchpoints span the Robinhood app, our external “Learn” website, and social media. Through our Education initiatives, we aim to provide our customers and our audience with the comprehensive tools and mental models to make informed investing decisions. Our news team serves millions of customers, readers, and listeners (see: Robinhood Snacks), partners with leading publishers (e.g., Bloomberg), and leads news efforts at Robinhood. We aim to be a 24-hour news team, making real-time decisions based on key events and what our audience cares about. We also strive to capture a voice that resonates with our audience in a way other financial resources often don’t — communicating clearly, simply, and in a tone that’s enjoyable (and even entertaining).
You’re an experienced editor with strong financial editorial experience, who has an exceptional eye for detail and tone. You’re comfortable defining and evolving the editorial voice of a leading fintech company. You’re passionate about accuracy and clarity, and you know how to ensure consistency with voice and style standards to deliver compelling copy.
This Standards and Copy Editor role will be based in Menlo Park, joining our growing Editorial team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- As part of the Editorial team, you’ll be the gatekeeper of News and Education copy. You’ll take charge of developing and honing the team’s voice and style guides across Editorial streams, working closely with the News (Snacks) team and Education (Learn) teams. Day-to-day, you’ll copy edit, fact check, and hone the overall quality of editorial products.
- Your core daily responsibilities will include copy editing News (Snacks) financial coverage across channels (newsletter and podcast), graphics, social media posts, in-app experiences, as well as Education (financial literacy) content, and more. You’ll edit primarily for accuracy, style, voice and tone, and clarity of expression.
- You’ll contribute to shaping coverage selection, guide editorial research, and find ways to improve the quality and efficiency of editorial processes.
- Additionally, we’ll lean on you to help share and execute experiments and initiatives, finding new, strategic ways to reach customers with helpful, unique coverage.
- You’ll help ensure our editorial products span a balance of perspectives and topics, and uphold Robinhood’s editorial and ethics standards.
- You’ll work with internal partners, such as our compliance, legal, product and design teams, on current and future editorial products.
- Here, you will have the opportunity to transform your career in a dynamic environment that supports excellence and autonomy.
- You’ll make sure our voice is consistent and carries an enjoyable tone that uniquely resonates with readers in a world of financial noise.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in an editorial or newsroom setting.
- 4 - 8 years of editing experience, plus previous experience in financial, business or markets editing.
- A love for financial news and investor education, and keen editorial judgment. You’re eager to make people’s financial lives better through editorial.
- Committed to precision, accuracy, and meeting tight turnarounds. No style edit or nuance is too insignificant to address.
- You’re deeply familiar with financial concepts and can make them digestible for a broad audience.
- You have an ownership mentality. You’re ready to take ownership of establishing a growing team’s editorial standards across workstreams, and you’re constantly looking for ways to improve editorial quality and better serve customers.
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally, experiment, and develop new tools
- Love for finding creative, new ways to explain key frameworks and concepts
- Excited about the intersection of culture and finance
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).