- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Professional Services
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
The Fraud Investigator is responsible for conducting investigations into suspected fraud committed against Robinhood and it’s customers. This includes proactive discovery of potential fraud through in-depth analysis, and responding to reported claims of fraud.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Reviewing and investigating reports of suspected fraudulent activity
- Using data analysis techniques, critical thinking, and pattern detection to uncover fraud
- Gathering information and documentation from customers and internal sources
- Remediating and correcting activity that is deemed fraudulent
- Documenting the rationale and determination for each report and referring to other departments where necessary
- Act as SME and mentor to junior analyst and investigators
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience in financial crime investigations
- Proficiency with data analysis techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop productive working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Legal or law enforcement experience
- Advanced SQL experience
- Availability to work non-traditional times including evenings and weekends (not required)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.