- Westlake, TX
- Menlo Park
- Lake Mary, FL
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Regulatory Affairs
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Robinhood Money (“RHY”), AML Manager owns the AML Program for RHY and is responsible for overseeing the execution of the AML Program by the Financial Crimes Team. The AML Manager is also responsible for ensuring the effective detection of suspicious activity, designing transaction monitoring rules to monitor for unusual activity, and providing periodic updates on the state of the AML Program to RHY’s Board of Directors.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Maintain a risk-based AML program, and the relevant systems and controls
- Closely collaborate with various stakeholders to monitor to design an effective AML compliance program and ensure controls are implemented to mitigate risk
- Partner with the Head of Financial Crimes to ensure role-specific AML training is periodically delivered and ensure our AML policies reflect evolving regulatory requirements
- Escalate potential findings to the Chief Compliance Officer
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in payments related AML investigations; provide direction and assistance on AML alert dispositions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 7+ years working in regulatory compliance/ AML investigations, preferably in payments, including at least 5 years in a management role
- Extensive knowledge of AML regulations and risk identification capabilities
- Proven track record of engaging regulators to demonstrate strong risk management
- Strong operations background, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, quality, performance metrics and process improvements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- CAMS or other related certification
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD) in relevant field
- Strong empathy; ability to adapt too hyper growth and rapid change
- SQL, VBA or basic programming skills
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).