- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Client Platform Engineering (CPE) team is responsible for the management and administration of tools used to maintain and secure client endpoints and support end user services. This is done using a myriad of custom tooling and off the shelf solutions.
As a Windows Engineer for CPE you will be driving Windows as a solution at Robinhood and be responsible for building out the infrastructure and tooling needed to make it a success.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design and deploy the tooling needed to support the management and deployment of Windows for Desktop and Server.
- Provide technical guidance and support for CPE engineering efforts for all supported platforms with a primary focus on Windows.
- Work with CorpEng and Security to develop and deploy security best practices.
- Engage with the Support Engineering team and act as an escalation point for incoming tickets and help desk requests.
- Create and maintain documentation and roadmaps around CPE aligned services and initiatives.
- Building workflows to improve employee and contractor account lifecycle processing
- Develop and contribute to existing CPE management infrastructure.
- Train and champion others to use CPE tools and solutions.
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Relevant experience building scalable and reliable solutions
- Knowledge of other supported platforms and management methodologies
Technologies we use:
- Proficiency with Python, Swift, PowerShell or similar scripting and programming languages
- Common AWS Services (WorkSpaces, EC2, VPC, SGs..etc)
- Infrastructure Security (Multi Factor Authentication, Access control Lists/Security Gateways, ZeroTrust)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Modern configuration management and containerization systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Deployment tools and software deployment processes (e.g., git, Jenkins)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).