- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, Seattle, Washington, and New York City, New York.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to manage a very critical area for our core business today, Clearing. Robinhood is a self-clearing brokerage which means that we clear and settle all of our equities and options trades with various counterparties such as DTCC and OCC directly. The Clearing team is responsible for operating this important part of our business. The team is on a mission to democratize finance by removing barriers to investing in the stock market.
We imagine a world where millions of customers are able to use Robinhood to meet their financial goals. We’ll get there by following our core principles: deliver high-quality, customer focused products and pass more value back to our customers than anyone else.
We’re looking for a senior engineering leader to help scale this area. In this role you will help to evolve the strategy for the area, partnering closely with product, operations, compliance and scale the engineering team to meet the future ambitions of the team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Help scale and evolve the strategy for a very critical area for Robinhood - Clearing. All equities and options trade are cleared and settled through these systems.
- Develop and recruit senior engineering leaders, both managers and individual contributors, to support continued hyper-growth
- Coach and mentor engineers and managers on the team by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, etc
- Build strong partnerships with counterparts in product, design, operations, legal, and compliance
- Find ways to accelerate the development of complex and heavily regulated financial products
- Improve Robinhood’s programs and processes for project, career, and organizational development
- Contribute to engineering-wide activities around hiring, onboarding, and professional development
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Six or more years of experience as an engineering leader
- Experience as a technical leader for a business-critical system
- Experience managing large-scale distributed systems that involve processing large amounts of data with mission-critical SLAs.
- Strong technical skills and a willingness to dive into technical details
- Extensive experience developing new teams and managers. Strong track record of developing, managing, and evaluating managerial talent.
- Experience working closely with cross functional partners in product and operations
- Past experience with Clearing and Settlement is a huge plus
- Experience with transitions from co-located to distributed engineering teams
- Strong interest in financial systems, products, and services
Core Tech Stack:
- Postgres, Redis
- Golang, Python/Django
- AWS, Kubernetes
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission and ready to learn, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.