- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We’re looking for a talented, motivated engineering manager to join our engineering team and help us continue to scale as quickly as we can. In this role, you will lead a team focused on solving complex issues within our Crypto business. In addition to maintaining the existing crypto product, this team will plan and build the next set of features on our crypto roadmap.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Add new engineers to the team by working with other recruiting and with other engineering leads involved in hiring
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems for product development
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time software engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Proven ability to coach junior engineers and interns
- Strong technical skills and ability to architect technical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deep interest in Cryptocurrencies, digital assets, and reinventing finance
- Experience in finance a plus
- Experience with Cryptocurrency trading
- Experience with Blockchain technologies
- Experience with Python, Postgres, and Kafka
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.