- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on technical leader to build our new Customer Experience Automation team. This role is the embodiment of one of Robinhood’s core values--“insane customer focus”.
C is a team focused on scaling Robinhood to meet the needs of a rapidly-growing user base - building systems to allow rapid development of product additions, customer-facing tools, and support flows. We partner with all of our product teams across Robinhood, as well as the Customer Operations team, to help drive change at a company level; keeping problems that are best solved by automation close to our customers and providing them a delightful experience, while enabling our agents to quickly handle any issues that need their attention, so they can help the customer as fast as possible.
Robinhood was built from the ground up to be as efficient as possible - this team is crucial to our success as we grow, helping us to run lean without compromising on quality.
We need an engineering leader who can hit the ground running as a hands-on leader, directly creating the critical distributed systems and machine learning workflows required to build a platform that enables this kind of large-scale change. In addition to building solid, performant systems this leader will build the team from scratch--hiring great engineers, defining the team’s roadmap, and both managing and mentoring the folks hired.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Define the team’s roadmap, technical direction, success metrics, and hiring strategy.
- Work as a tech lead to build the technical foundation for Robinhood’s entire customer support organization and experience.
- Build solid distributed systems, machine learning pipelines, and automated workflows as well as tools to control them.
- Hire world-class engineers and manage them.
- Partner and embed with our customer operations teams and leaders in Denver, Lake Mary, and Menlo Park.
- Build and manage a distributed team across three offices (Menlo Park, Denver, Orlando).
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for a business-critical system.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- Experience with Python and React.
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- The desire to seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and solve them with little to no guidance.
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals.
- Extremely data-driven. You instrument and analyze everything about your systems and team.
- Enthusiastic cross-functional partner and great communicator.
- Experience building larger technical teams from scratch.
- Experience working and managing across offices and timezones.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience with Machine Learning (Tensorflow, Pytorch) and big data tools (Spark, Presto, Hadoop).
- Experience with mobile development.
- Experience with modern build systems such as Buck, Bazel, and Pants.
- Strong open source contributions.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.