- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2020 and 2021
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado and the UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a hardworking, motivated Engineering Manager to join our team and help us continue to scale quickly. In this role, you would be expected to manage and grow the Data Engineering Team within the Data Org. This team is responsible for serving internal teams and product functions to help build and manage key datasets to enable analytics. This team will help build the abstractions on top of our primary data sources to enable data scientists and analysts across Robinhood to be able to have trusted datasets. This team will ensure that datasets have strong SLAs to enable better data driven decisions across the entire company. This team will drive better data decision making across Robinhood.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the ease of accessing insights from data within Robinhood by providing structured datasets and abstractions over core data.
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems for product development
- Communicate effectively with other teams to understand and deliver on data pipelines that are well maintained and are high quality
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or data engineer and 2+years of team management experience
- Proven ability to coach junior/senior engineers and interns
- Sharp technical skills and a deep interest in coding and technical details, with a special emphasis in structure of datasets and data quality
- Ability to drive Data Engineering projects
- Effective communication skills with other engineering and non-engineering groups
- Ability to make decisions at a fast pace on an environment with a high degree of uncertainty
Experience in building on top of Spark, Presto, Hive is a plus
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.