- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to build an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for engineering managers to join our Financial Crimes Engineering (FinCrimes) team, you will be building and owning the services and infrastructure that power our anti-money laundering and sanctions screening systems. Your work will keep bad actors out of Robinhood and out of the financial system. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge.
We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
About the area, Financial Crimes Engineering:
Financial crime is the practice of taking money or property illegally from another person or organization for one’s own benefit. Among the major types of financial crime are: money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, bribery and corruption, market abuse and insider trading, tax evasion, embezzlement, counterfeiting, identity theft and electronic crime. Financial crime presents unique challenges which directly impact our trust with customers and regulators.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision
- Partner with peers in Product Management & Design to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress
- Be responsible for the engineering hiring plan for the team and recruit top talent, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- You have 2+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role and shipping customer-facing products
- You have substantial technical experience in building customer-facing products to recognize the important moments your team faces and give meaningful advice
- You have strong organizational skills, both for yourself and for the team
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to weigh several, and often conflicting, constraints and make rapid choices in a fast paced, fast growing company
- You love helping engineers to develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth
- Experience with financial products especially those related to Financial Crimes
- Experience with technologies in our stack, such as Python, Postgres, and Kafka
- You may have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.