- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
In order to democratize finance for all, we need to be at the center of our customers’ financial lives. The Cash Area is on a mission to expand Robinhood’s brand and offering from just investing to all of your every day money needs.
Robinhood is looking for a talented engineering manager for the Balances team within the Cash Area. The Balances team is investing in the technical infrastructure, ledger, and product foundations needed to support our cash business and its unique customer needs.
In this role you will manage a full stack team and partner closely with Product, Design, Legal, Operations, and other engineering teams that might rely on the technical direction the Balances team provides.
Your day to day will involve:
- Develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision
- Partner with peers in Product Management & Design to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress
- Help own the engineering hiring plan for the team and recruit top talent, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- You have 2+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products
- You are not expected to deliver code, but you should have enough technical experience in building customer-facing products to recognize the important moments your team faces and give meaningful advice
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills, both for yourself and for the team, will be required
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving, growing company
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth
- You may have worked on financial products especially those related to payments
- You may have used the technologies in our stack, such as Python, Postgres, and Kafka
- You may have managed a fullstack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers
- You may have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.