- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We’re a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our products and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and support our release engineering team. The release engineering team aims to provide the continuous delivery infrastructure for Robinhood engineers to deploy code with ease, speed and high confidence.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Add new engineers to the team by working with other recruiting and with other engineering leads involved in hiring.
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems for product development
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ year of people management experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for a business-critical system.
- Experience managing a small to medium size team of engineers.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- Passionate about mentorship and growing people.
- A focus on software engineering craftsmanship such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Eagerness to learn and use new technologies and share with the team.
- Experience building larger technical teams from scratch.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong open source contributions.
Technologies we use:
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform and Vault.
- Python and Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).