- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for engineering managers to join our Product Engineering team, you will be leading, building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
We look at Robinhood as a holistic customer experience. Our teams work together to activate customers (onboarding, education, news, information) to take the next step on their financial journey and build the foundations (design systems, Identity, Post Office platform) to ensure a consistent experience across Robinhood.
As an Engineering Manager - Restrictions, your team will focus on providing customers with the right level of access to different products on the Robinhood platform. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll manage a team that owns services that are dependent on by all other Robinhood services for defining and enforcing a customer’s product level access. You’ll partner with product, operations and compliance teams across the company to understand situations where it may make sense to limit access to a certain privilege or feature, and build experiences to make these limitations reliable, scalable, and intuitive for customers.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You’ll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You’ll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You’ll partner with peers in Product Management & Design to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- Manage stakeholders across Security, Fraud & Risk, Compliance, Privacy, Legal, and Ops
- Improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- You’ll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You’ll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products.
- You have managed a fullstack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You may have used the technologies in our stack, such as Python, Django/Go, Postgres, Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes experience a plus.
- You may have experience working on large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience cross-collaborating with multiple teams to drive impact
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.