- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The risk mitigation team is part of the overall Risk Engineering organization. Its main responsibility is building real-time controls for preventing financial risks and protecting the firm and our customers. This team is a central platform area which partners with several business organizations (like Enterprise Risk Management and Treasury) as well as all of the Robinhood entities including Crypto, Money and engineering teams across trading and options platforms. The team also needs to work closely with the other adjacent areas within the Risk space including data science, modeling and Risk data engineering.
Our mission ties to Robinhood’s “Safety First” value. Given our mission to democratize finance for all and how quickly Robinhood is growing, it is critically important that we invest in building out the capabilities that enable us to proactively manage our financial risks. The mission of the team is to protect the firm and our customers from financial losses and ensure that there is enough financial solvency at all times. Our goal is to build a highly reliable centralized Risk engine for detecting and mitigating all financial risk exposure and protecting the company and our customers.
As an Engineering manager on the Risk Mitigation team, you will need to wear different hats:
- Culture champion: Be responsible for people’s growth, career development, providing timely and practical feedback and coaching. Build a culture of empathy, teamwork and collaboration
- Technical Requirement: You have preferably led a team(s) of backend engineers and delivered on building services for large scale distributed systems
- Trusted Partner: You will work with multiple engineering and multi-functional organizations, it is important to build a strong long-term trust relationship
- Talent magnet: You will be responsible for attracting, retaining and growing world-class tech talent.
- Strategic leadership: You need to be able to clearly frame and articulate the vision of the team, partner with your team and PMs on the strategic direction and keep the team engaged and challenged
- Execution chops: You build incrementally, you plan carefully, you complete your project commitments flawlessly!
- Engineering excellence: You are at heart a builder, and take pride in the quality of output your team produces. You set a high bar and strive for continued engineering and operational excellence
- Customer obsession: You always strive to build systems that delight your customers. You collect customer pain point data periodically and take concrete steps to improve their overall satisfaction with the platform
- An entrepreneurial mentality
- Building systems and teams from 0 to 1
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).