- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is brand new at Robinhood. We will be building and driving the reliability roadmap for a very production-savvy engineering organization, and exploring the emerging field of extremely reliable financial services built on modern distributed systems and cloud technology. SRE at Robinhood will focus on building healthy, low-toil, high-ownership teams, and enabling the virtuous cycle that comes from giving skilled engineers the responsibility and authority to discover how systems behave in the field and build those lessons back into the architecture.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers.
- Help shape a new SRE team at a company that’s really prioritizing doing SRE right.
- Build innovative cross-team partnerships, including the use of temporary embeddings and rotation programs.
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering.
- Improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems so that reliability is given proper attention throughout the software lifecycle.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role.
- 2+ years of SRE or DevOps experience on a business-critical system.
- Must possess “can do” attitude and willingness to work in a new initiative environment
- Experience of leading high performing teams, driving thought leadership and continuous improvements
- Passionate about mentorship and growing people.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- A focus on software engineering craftsmanship such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Eagerness to learn and use new technologies and share with the team.
- Experience building larger technical teams from scratch.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong open source contributions.
Technologies we use:
- Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, gRPC.
- Python and Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.