- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 4, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
About the company
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
The corporate development team works cross-functionally to help achieve Robinhoods mission by enabling inorganic growth. We focus on evaluating and executing acquisitions, investments, and strategic partnerships. We are also responsible for all aspects of post-acquisition integration.
We are scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth and are looking for a highly analytical and driven Corporate Development M&A Integration Manager to join the team.
As a M&A Integration Manager / Sr Manager, you will drive and lead cross functional teams responsible for successful integration of acquired companies. You will partner with Robinhood’s cross functional leaders during the early stages of an acquisition to create comprehensive integration plans tightly aligned with the strategic rationale and set KPI’s for post acquisition success. You will work with the deal lead, sponsor, and target company management to support due diligence, define integration strategy, integration planning and execution, and ensure strong alignment within and across organizations. Post acquisition you will own integration plan execution, ensuring that the integration achieves key business objectives. You will work closely with leads across People, Product, Engineering, IT, Legal, Finance and Operations. The ideal candidate is hands-on, strategic, process-oriented, effective at building relationships, and achieves results.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Develop integration strategy and deliver robust integration plans for acquisitions
- Own integration plan execution, and ensure strong alignment within and across organizations.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on all aspects of the integration - people, back office, operations, product, business integration. Run integration meetings and project lead all workstreams
- Work with cross-functional groups within Robinhood (including Legal, People, Finance / Accounting, Product, Engineering teams) to plan, prioritize, and execute projects on time and within budget
- Interact with senior leadership in developing integration plans and identifying issues/concerns to ensure alignment of objectives
- Create materials and develop communications to provide regular updates to the leadership team on progress, key decisions, and major risks / issues that need to be resolved
- Work closely with the Corporate Development deal team to support all M&A efforts including deal model
- Continuously improve integration capabilities by identifying and developing process improvements, playbooks and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and improve the quality of integration efforts.
- 5+ years experience in corporate development, consulting, finance, or program management roles with demonstrated track record of leading complex M&A integrations within technology companies
- Ability to understand businesses and teams holistically and take a multi-faceted approach to delivering successful outcomes for complex integration projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Organization, persistence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other relevant field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all?
- MBA or other advanced degree with experience in a related field
- Prior experience in corporate development a fast-scaling consumer-facing technology company
- Prior experience in fintech
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).