- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Customer Safety Engineering team builds security and privacy product features that directly interface with millions of customers! We build out new features to give customers more financial confidence, safeguard customer login and auth security such as by providing protections from account takeover, and offer privacy choices that give customers full control over their data. We are a new team with a big road in front of us to build, launch, iterate on and improve upon new products and features to ensure customers feel safe on Robinhood.
You would be joining our team as an early team member and be involved in the full product development lifecycle. Our team is consisted of cross-functional team members including mobile engineers, backend engineers, product, and designers in order to cover the end to end product launch work.
This team is part of a larger Security and Privacy organization, and you would work alongside experienced engineers from different security and product development backgrounds.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with a fast-growing team to revolutionize finance at speed and scale.
- Build smooth, stable, and elegant products features with Java or Kotlin.
- Own features from inception to design, implementation, and launch.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineer across Robinhood.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Lead code and design reviews.
- 5+ years of professional Android development experience.
- Proficiency with Java or Kotlin.
- Strong product sense and ability to collaborate with Product Managers and Designers.
- Excellent communication skills and passion for solving tough technical problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred; equivalent training or work experience also acceptable.
- Interest or previous experience in the Security & Privacy space.
- Understanding of how backend & infrastructure work.
Technologies we use:
- Retrofit / Okhttp
- Dagger / Hilt
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).