- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
As a Software Engineer at Robinhood, you will be building and owning certain backend services, infrastructure and data that power our core financial products. You will gain a unique look into how the US financial systems work on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge.
We strive for high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact at a relatively small company for our user base.
You will support one of three engineering organizations:
Responsible for the end-to-end user experience of Robinhood. Our teams are product-aligned, and have engineers from across the stack working together to ship high quality products. Strong partnerships with product and design are at the core.
Advancing Robinhood’s mission by building products and infrastructure to collect, clean, and organize datasets. We make informed decisions about user-facing products as well as internal systems, often by using mathematics and statistics to extract insights about uncertain processes. We empower Robinhood to measure the impact of those decisions.
Providing the infrastructure for our products as well as ensuring developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
Your day-to-day will involve
- Building, testing, and releasing product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements; these features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Designing a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it
- Working with our frontend team to fine tune our REST API
- Collaborating with our data team to support millions of customers
- Contributing to open source projects
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems
- Good intuition for REST API design
Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
Technologies we use
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.