- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for cryptography Specialist to join our growing security team. As a Software Engineer on our cryptography services team, you will be leading, building and owning our next generation cryptography platform from scratch. You will also gain an outstanding look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Design and build the next generation security services for cryptography platform
- Understanding of crypto systems and protocols, such as symmetric ciphers, encryption, secure hash functions, and cryptanalysis
- Implement cryptographic primitives to support the latest advancements required to foster the cryptography ecosystem.
- Experience with cryptography algorithms, security engineering, cloud computing environments.
- Write high quality, well-tested, secure features to ship to our customers.
- Partner with engineers and product teams to drive critical projects into a tangible roadmap.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years experience working with cryptography and related systems.
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems and good intuition for REST API design.
- Ability to tackle sophisticated engineering problems that deliver results aligned with team objectives.
- Proven history of providing firm-wide impact with self-sufficiency, as well as planning and leading large projects with long-term impact.
- Experience with NIST security frameworks
- Programming experience in Python, Golang, or similar programming languages
- Experience working within highly regulated environments
- Previous work in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.