- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As Robinhood’s core infrastructure team, we are the stewards of the most critical infrastructure systems, trailblazers in bringing new technical capabilities to Robinhood, and builders who seek to make best practices the easiest to follow.
Our mission is to accelerate developer velocity and increase system stability by building the foundational software platforms and tools that power the rest of Robinhood engineering.
This mission is ambitious, as we are seeking to build platforms that bridge the gap between sophisticated, powerful infrastructure and a simple developer experience.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Target the highest profile problems within engineering at Robinhood, work to deliver a solution in a highly accelerated way with a repeatable, reusable pattern, template or framework for teams going forward facing similar problems
- Provide mentorship both formally and informally to engineers at Robinhood, define and formalize the architecture design process and guide the overall architectural direction
- Provide infrastructure and tooling to automate test development and execution up and down the testing pyramid, including unit, API and integration testing
- Provide the infrastructure to automate and standardize how software is built, versioned and deployed to target environments
- Transition the organization to an immutable, container-based infrastructure on Kubernetes via a self-service platform-as-a-service that enables engineers to generate, deploy and operate fully functional microservice stacks
- Provide scalable, robust software and infrastructure for DAG workflows
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems, both from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Passionate about creating and applying new processes to increase engineering efficiency.
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- Experience working on Kubernetes and AWS.
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- Container and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Postgres, Airflow, Consul, etc)
- Cloud-native infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).