- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2021. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Denver, Seattle, New York City, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to build a platform that enables fraud and risk management at Robinhood - a crucial role to our business and members. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating innovative solutions that meet not only functional, but also performance, scalability and reliability requirements. The Risk and Fraud team works on protecting the firm from many risks like abuse and fraud loss. This team also builds predictive, machine learning models and is part of the larger Data organization at Robinhood.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Design a large scale risk infrastructure platform from the ground-up, in a relatively new team. You will be building a platform that is at the core of most systems at Robinhood.
- Work on architecting a real-time fraud prevention rules and decisions engine to enable authoring and execution of risk policies.
- Own entire risk areas to find innovative ways to reduce risk while continuing to grow the business.
- Close collaboration with product managers and data scientists to build engineering solutions to mitigate risks.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Understanding of building rules engine in fraud space
- Strong experience with Spark and Python or other similar high-level language
- Strong experience and proven track record of mentoring junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/Engineering), or equivalent experience
- You are a proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- You have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgement on task prioritizations.
- You are able to tackle sophisticated engineering problems that deliver results which help the team to achieve its objectives.
- You have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Experience building streaming systems with large amounts of data and complex aggregation logic
- Experience deploying machine learning models at scale
- Experience working on a fraud detection and prevention system
Core Tech Stack:
- Faust ~ Built and open-sourced by our team
- ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Additionally, Robinhood is happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the hiring process and respects the privacy of all applications.