- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood’s products are powered by a multitude of microservices working together. In order for these microservices to work together, they need to be able to locate and communicate with each other. The service discovery group builds and deploys the fundamental systems that enable this real-time, inter-service communication in a highly-scalable, robust, and reliable manner.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design large scale systems within a team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the infrastructure and systems.
- Mentor and train junior engineers in the team.
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of Networking and Microservice Architecture.
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems and load balancing techniques.
- Demonstrate a history of providing firm-wide impact.
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency.
- You are a proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Have led projects that involved organization-wide collaboration within the company.
- Have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- You are able to solve complex engineering problems that deliver results which help the team to achieve its objectives.
- You have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- You have a passion in mentoring junior engineers and improving the engineering craftsmanship.
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go.
- Experience writing low latency, large scale distributed systems.
- Experience working on Kubernetes and AWS.
- Experience with service discovery or service mesh type systems.
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation.
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store.
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer.
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ.
- Unbound and CoreDNS as our DNS
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.