- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Trading Platform team is responsible for a suite of products that constitutes the backbone of the Robinhood trading ecosystem. The team is responsible for all trading interactions between Robinhood and the market. Within the Trading Platform organization, the Tooling team’s mission is to provide our users with a “best-in-class” web-based platform in order to reduce risk, maintain compliance, improve client experience, increase trading and operational scale and efficiency.
We are looking for an experienced web or full stack engineer to join our team. The team is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and passionate about the financial markets. We are looking for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced growth environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work closely with our trading, operations, design and product management teams to design and develop mission-critical web-based solutions to create efficiencies and scale within the trading ecosystem
- Navigate ambiguity across requirements and workflows to define engineering tasks and deliverables
- Design frameworks and tools that empower other engineers across teams
- Provide accountability and leadership across trading products and engineering fronts
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team
- 8+ years of professional Software Development experience
- 6+ years of professional experience with modern Web technologies
- Fluency in TypeScript
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working on Order Management System (OMS) or Execution Management System (EMS) platforms and workflows
- Experience working with financial markets from a pre-trade or post-trade perspective
Technologies we use:
- React + Redux
- Babel + Webpack + Bazel
- Jest + ESLint + Prettier
- Jenkins / Buildkite
- Go / Python
- Kafka and Celery
- Kubernetes in AWS Cloud.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).