- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Data Science
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Senior ML Engineer - Bots & Spam
As a Senior ML Engineer on the Bots & Spam team, you will be helping to improve the Roblox experience by combating bad actors on the platform. We are looking for an experienced ML engineer that can drive the next generation bot identification system for Roblox. If you are an engineer who is passionate about solving hard problems and building a highly scalable, high impact platform, the Bots & Spam team might be the place for you.
- A BS, MS, or Ph.D. graduate in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics or statistics.
- ML Engineer or similar with 3+ years of experience building ML models
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Experienced with compiled languages such as golang, Java/Scala and/or C#
- Knowledgeable in data pipelines/models using tools like Hive, Airflow, Kafka, and Spark
- Collaborative team member, self starter, and adaptable
You Might Have:
- Strong mathematical, statistical methods, and analytical skills
- Interest in security, fraud, and/or bot detection
- Experience with ML libraries/frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc
- Built large scale ML systems at consumer facing company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar