- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Data Science
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Why the people science team?
The People Science team at Roblox supports scaling the process of hiring the best talent from around the world. Our team works to deliver a wide range of insights and solutions for Roblox, from developing hiring assessments, to conducting job analysis and qualitative research, to architecting data analytics systems and tools. Our work is key to organizational operations at Roblox. The People Scientist will join a group of Learning and Data Scientists who are focused on collecting and using qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions and to design and support Roblox’s approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design and culture.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, software engineers, game designers, and data scientists to implement science-based and data-driven solutions across the entire range of recruiting and human resources challenges.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to teams and leaders on talent management, organizational development, and employee engagement strategies.
- Lead efforts to develop competency or skill frameworks to define requirements for a job role or family of job roles.
- Help develop valid selection tools and measures (e.g., structured interviews, work samples, game-based assessments).
- Contribute to the development and operation of the employee engagement survey process, including survey design and deployment, analysis and recommendations for improvement.
- A background in the application of industrial-organizational psychology principles to improve the workplace.
- Experience conducting job analysis to better understand what makes someone successful in a job
- Experience developing tools to evaluate job candidates.
- Experience in talent and performance management, and collaborating with teams to make recommendations.
- Curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to improve the organization.
- A passion for using data to help make informed decisions and drive strategy.
- A strong ability to communicate and understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- The ability to be flexible and quickly adapt in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology,Cognitive Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field.
- 4+ years of industry experience OR PhD with 2+ years of industry experience in talent management, performance measurement, assessment development and/or organizational development.
- PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field
- Excellent skills in research design as well as in advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis methods.
- Understanding of organizational design and effectiveness methodologies, with an ability to translate them into actionable solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of job analysis, performance measurement, and talent development methods.
- Experience with the design and implementation of selection programs.
- An understanding of testing principles and how quality assessments are developed and validated.
- Ability to communicate analytics results and data storytelling to influence teams and leaders.
- Experience in leading research projects and disseminating their results to both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar