- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Data Science
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Why data science & analytics?
The Data Science & Analytics organization’s mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive toolbelt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
As a Data Scientist on Social, you will be responsible for building Roblox’s Social Graph and extracting insights to drive the future of co-experience. You’ll partner with other data scientists, engineers, product managers, and leaders across the company to build intelligent social features that leverage state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms.
- Highly self-driven. You are perpetually curious and consistently strive to improve your skills by learning the latest modeling techniques and data tools. You have a strong technical foundation that enables you to thrive with freedom and autonomy in a new problem space.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Motivated by impact. You find great satisfaction in being able to point to direct contributions you’ve made to an organization. You recognize the inherent tradeoffs between further research/experimentation and productionization apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- Experienced with machine learning frameworks and tools including Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras or other similar technologies. You are comfortable throughout different phases of data product development and can take a project from ideation to deployment.
- Comfortable manipulating data at scale using frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- Leverage the ML Platform to drive the development of models built on Roblox’s knowledge graph from ideation to their integration into features that directly improve the player experience.
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that lead to the engaging social experiences for Roblox’s sizable user base.
- Develop optimal metrics and evaluate experiments to determine the success of feature launches.
- 5+ years of industry or related experience
- 2+ years of experience driving the design of production machine learning systems with demonstrated impact.
- 2+ years of experience with machine learning frameworks and tools including TensorFlow, Pytorch, Keras or other similar technologies.
- 2+ years of experience manipulating data at scale using frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- Graph or network analysis capabilities
- Additional hands-on engineering background and skills
- Cloud computing platform familiarity (AWS, GCP)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar