- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Data Science
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior / Principal Machine Learning Engineer on our Avatar team, you will work on leveraging the latest advances in deep learning, computer vision and graphics to empower the creation of immersive experiences on Roblox. You will help us build AI-driven creation tools that dramatically lower the barrier for creating 3D assets on Roblox such as animations, objects and scenes, and make a fundamental impact to how content is created in the future of Metaverse.
- Experienced in applying deep learning to computer vision or graphics problems
- Proficient in Python and at least one deep learning library (TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet)
- Familiar with best practices in deployment of ML models to production on the edge or in the cloud
- Solid with software design skills and the ability to write efficient, readable and reusable research code
- An advanced degree in a related field with an emphasis on computer vision, graphics or machine learning, or BS with equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in building deep learning models and optimizing them
- Strong understanding of deep learning models applied to computer vision and graphics problems such as human pose estimation, 3D reconstruction, and character animation
- Publications in top-tier machine learning or computer vision conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ICML, NIPS, SIGGRAPH) or equivalent contribution to high-impact industry projects.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar