- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Data Science
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior / Principal Video Machine Learning Engineer you will work on very exciting and challenging ML problems for building an AI-assisted moderation workflow which keeps our platform safe for introducing some amazing features which enrich the platform with numerous opportunities and add new dimensions to the metaverse experience for the users.
Basic Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelors in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics or statistics, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience building applied ML models and optimizing them
- Strong understanding of deep learning neural networks used for classification and detection such as LSTM, R-CNN, ResNet applied to computer vision or NLP problems
- Experienced in training ML models, running tests, performing statistical analysis, deployment and recalibration of the ML models
- Familiar with best practices in design, automation, regression testing, and deployment of ML models to production
- 3+ years of experience with industry-standard ML frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Fluent in Python
- Knowledgeable in image or video processing
Any of the Following Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with compiled languages such as C#, C, or C++
- Experience with Tensorflow-GPU,Python deep learning APIs such as Keras, IDEs such as Jupyter Notebook
- Exposure to end-to-end AI pipelines
- Familiar with incremental learning
- Experience with image classification, object detection or action detection
- Strong mathematical skills
- Background in video, audio or text moderation
- Experience with FFmpeg and its encoding/filtering libraries
- Working knowledge of cloud services, microservices structure, and Docker
- Familiar with relational and non-relational databases
- Deployment of AI/ML models on the edge or in the cloud and in APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar