- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Design & UI
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Commerce Designer at Roblox will be responsible for the design of the Roblox developer monetization and transactional flows. This includes ads systems, premium memberships and enhancement of the Economy ecosystem at Roblox. The Commerce Designer will work in collaboration with their Product Manager, Engineering and Design partners to design a seamless experience for developers and creators to drive more revenue in civil and secure ways.
Come join Roblox and shape the future of a highly creative and collaborative platform that serves 40 million active users a day.
- Experienced with 5+ years of professional experience as a UX designer and a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or related fields.
- A Leader that has the ability to drive design discussions and proactively provide insight Collaborative and must excel in communicating with engineers, product managers and executives.
- Self-Organized and does research and provides solutions for product improvements with minimal guidance.
- A Problem Solver who possesses a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges.
- Investigative and someone who understands user behavior by utilizing standard user research methodologies, persona formation and usability testing.
- Flexible with the ability to work on multiple projects in parallel while maintaining high standards Innovative with the ability to consistently push design standards to a higher level.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to provide precise solutions at every step of the process.
- Driven and is constantly building upon expertise with various tools, platforms and methodologies.
- Build a cohesive user-centric ad creation experience that creators and developers can leverage across multiple surfaces including mobile, desktop and console
- Improve ads system in the platform without degrading the user experience
- Work closely with the cross functional design teams to seamlessly integrate ads with search and discovery features and with other parts of the Roblox product.
- Enhance premium membership features.
- Collaborate with product and engineering partners to optimize ad creation tools
- Partner with product stakeholders in building end-to-end designs for the product
- Design and build a vision for the future of the Roblox economy ecosystem
- Own end-to-end feature design by defining, developing and documenting design requirements
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups and prototypes
- Build UX expertise across desktop, mobile and console products
- Enforce consistent user experience across all Roblox products
- 2+ years experience in payments and transaction, ads, or a related design field
- 5+ years of experience working on shipped user-facing products with a strong transactional or ad component.
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional partners and stakeholders (for example product managers, designers, engineers, researchers and data scientists)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Product Design or related field
- 5+ years experience working with product teams
- Experience influencing product strategy with cross-functional partners
- Established as a thought leader within product design or other relevant industries
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar