- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Design & UI
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Graphics Engineer on our Avatar Emotion team, you will be partnering with veterans coming from companies like Industrial Light & Magic, DreamWorks, and Digital Domain to bring our Avatars to life through real-time and real-life emotions.
In the future, Roblox players can imagine watching their favorite music artist singing with facial expressions during a virtual concert or interacting with friends in a life-like, interactive way. The expression of emotions that will be brought to life by the Roblox community is limitless.
Powered by deep learning, computer vision and visual effects, you will help enable a new era of virtual communication and experiences through the creation, animation and sharing of personalized, 3D avatars.
Led by Kiran Bhat, who won an Oscar for the tech he created to animate the Hulk in feature films, you and the Avatar Emotion team will be working on projects that allow for our users to project their fully animated digital selves into the Metaverse.
- Passionate about the state-of-the-art in rendering research
- Experienced with OpenGL (both core and ES) and more advanced realtime rendering techniques
- Knowledgeable of scene-graphs and integrations with a rendering pipeline
- Knowledgeable of common animation constructs and skills such as skinning, texturing, and keyframe animation, including file formats and conversion
- Experienced in C++ programming skills and object-oriented design
- Able to write organized, efficient, readable and reusable code
- Experienced in OSX, iOS, and Android
- Excellent with communication and collaboration
- 5-7+ years of industry experience in writing tools or engines for games or VFX
- 3D application development experience
- Professional experience in real-time rendering
- Good knowledge of 3D math and computer graphics related algorithms
- Experience with WebGL or other web-based 3D frameworks
- Advanced shader design (environment lighting and shadow) experience
- Experience programming in Unity or Unreal engine
- Led feature development from concept definition to shipping product
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar