- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Engineering QA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Lead QA Coordinator on the Social Reference Content team, you will be responsible for coordinating testing efforts for unreleased concerts & events on Roblox. You will also be responsible for testing the future of metaverse communication in office workspaces and more. We are looking for a leader to coordinate testing with third party testers, partner with other Roblox QA, create and maintain automation, and work with developers and designers to ensure the highest level of quality for our users.
- An experienced leader, with 1+ years coordinating third-party test teams, 1+ years in test automation, 3+ years as a QA Lead, and 5+ years in Quality Assurance testing, able to prioritize and assign tasks and train new testers
- Expert in your domain, able to apply industry standards and best practices, familiar with common issues encountered in mobile devices, consoles, Mac, and Windows, have advanced knowledge of QA tools (bug tracking software, test case management software, proxy tools, performance measurement tools, build distribution tools, etc.), and have created and run automated tests. Experience testing 3D games is a plus
- A creative thinker, demonstrating problem-solving skills to guide bug investigation and able to devise and implement comprehensive test plans for major feature releases and ongoing regression suites
- Strategic, demonstrating a sense of process to improve tester efficiency and facilitate clear communication between local and offshore teams, and an understanding of the impact of issues and time constraints on engineering and other teams. Able to identify key test cases to automate and propose automation framework, tooling and other efficiency improvements
- Organized, with a sense of urgency in delivering high-profile results on a strict deadline
- Collaborative, with excellent communication skills and follow-through and able to coordinate with outsourced testers as well as local cross-discipline team members
- Dedicated to delivering high-quality software in a timely manner
- Manage outsourced testing for game and application software in a fast-paced environment alongside a passionate engineering team, building and maintaining our client applications on smartphones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox One.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to devise test strategies, create test plans, and ensure that product requirements and testing instructions are effectively communicated to outsourced testing teams.
- Author testing regressions to ensure full test coverage of features and their integrated use in the product and work with engineers to create and update automated tests when applicable.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to outsourced testers, training them and providing feedback to ensure testing is completed correctly.
- Review and interpret test reports and results from outsourced testing groups and automated tests.
- Ensure defect reports are complete and detailed, reproducing issues locally as needed, triaging, and following up on issue resolution and fix verification.
- Be flexible with regards to occasional evening and weekend testing in order to meet deadlines.
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar