- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Engineering QA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for prioritizing test cases to automate, scripting test cases using existing frameworks and tools, and recommending new processes, features, and tools to improve efficiency. You will work with developers and designers to ensure the highest level of quality for our users. You Are:
An experienced leader, with 4+ years in test automation, able to prioritize and assign tasks, onboard new testers, and train colleagues in new skills. QA leadership and outsourced coordination experience is a plus
A creative thinker, demonstrating problem-solving skills to debug test scripts and investigate test failures, able to identify test scenarios and permutations to ensure comprehensive test coverage for major features and ongoing regression suites
Strategic, demonstrating a sense of process to improve tester efficiency by being able to identify and prioritize key test cases to automate and recommend new features for existing automation tooling and other efficiency improvements, while demonstrating an understanding of the impact of issues and time constraints on engineering and other teams
Organized, with a sense of urgency in delivering high-profile results on a strict deadline
- Collaborative, with excellent communication skills and follow-through and able to coordinate with cross-discipline team members
- Create, run and update automated test cases and suites
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to devise test strategies, script test cases, and ensure that product requirements are accounted for in tests
- Author testing regressions to ensure comprehensive coverage of features and their integrated use in the product
- Review and interpret test reports and results from automated tests
- Investigate automated test failures, ensure defect reports for legitimate failures are complete and detailed, and follow up on issue resolution and fix verification
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
- Roblox – Powering Imagination.