- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is seeking a Senior Manager of Executive Compensation to provide substantial contributions related to the program design, strategy, and administration of executive rewards programs. This role will establish partnerships with functional experts in finance, legal, communications, collaborate with team members and company leadership to ensure the company’s executive compensation programs are aligned with marketplace best practices. The Sr Manager, Executive Compensation will also support the needs of the organization and help to ensure compliance with tax and legal regulations.
This full-time role is based in San Mateo, CA and reports to the Vice President of Global Total Rewards.
- Be a key driver in the development, implementation, and administration of executive compensation and equity programs company-wide, including annual and long-term incentives
- Experience with the design and structure of equity stock plans (restricted stock, ESSP, performance shares, etc.) and interfacing with the equity administration team.
- Preparation of Compensation Committee meeting materials including drafting, analysis, modeling, and market assessments
- Perform industry research and financial analyses related to executive compensation strategy and design, utilizing external peer data from surveys, proxy disclosures, and other resources to determine market best practices.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing executive compensation policies and practices relative to emerging market trends and best practices.
- Partner with the Systems team and Equity Administration team to ensure appropriate systems and administrative processes are in place to support executive compensation programs and related planning/election activities.
- Leads various HR projects and/or participates as subject matter expert on project teams.
- Assist the Total Rewards team with ongoing initiatives and projects (e.g., compensation review process, firm-wide market ranges, survey submission, etc.).
- Maintain executive compensation processes and policies, including administration tasks in support of executive and equity compensation administration such as data auditing, cleanup, reporting, dashboards, modeling for new plan design, process improvement
- Staying abreast of applicable legislation and exchange requirements governing executive compensation; engage with key stakeholders across Finance and Legal on accounting and regulatory aspects of executive compensation programs
- Support broader enterprise priorities across Global Compensation, as applicable
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Economics, Business Administration or similar field
- 8+ years of experience in a professional, fast-paced environment. A strong background in Compensation and Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in executive compensation
- Knowledge of SEC and IRS regulations impacting Executive Compensation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excel at meeting tight deadlines and time management.
- Quantitative and analytical skills as well as demonstrated creativity in developing compensation solutions is required
- Strong business and financial acumen, demonstrated project management skills, outstanding written and verbal communications skills is required
- Strong analytical capabilities, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems and recommend or produce best solutions for their client
- Works independently to drive and manage projects across multiple functions and client groups, utilizing subject matter expertise and knowledge of both internal and external business practices to improve products or service offerings
- Works regularly and comfortably with high-level individual contributors and managers across multiple functions
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar