- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
In 2020, we were honored to be one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the US. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, people you’ll ever meet.
Roblox is seeking a highly motivated and creative Communications Intern for Summer 2021. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about all aspects of communications and are ready to contribute ideas, help manage projects and be an active and engaged participant. At Roblox you’ll do meaningful work, have ownership or collaborate on projects that impact the business.
- Contribute to the growth and business goals of Roblox by helping the team monitor for news stories and industry trends
- Source and identifying thought leadership and speaking opportunities for executives,
- Assist with daily news tracking and reporting
- Draft content for blog posts, media pitches, internal announcements, and other communication mediums
- Serve as a key resource that will support communication strategies and initiatives across the team’s key areas of responsibility including Corporate, Brand, Consumer, and Internal Communications, Employer Brand and Digital Civility and Safety.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for writing and storytelling and/or interest in the technology/gaming/social media industry
- A creative thinker and are able to brainstorm groundbreaking ideas
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and finding a path forward in ambiguous situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Exhibit good judgment
- Familiar with Roblox and what the platform offers, and feel passionate about being part of building the Metaverse
Location: San Mateo, CA (Remote)
Duration: 12 weeks
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar