- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Network Capacity Engineer, you will work cross-functionally to plan the growth of Roblox’s global network to support rapid user growth. In this role, you will model network demand in collaboration with Network Engineering, Finance, and Compute Capacity Planners to help ensure that we make the right investments to provide a great experience for players worldwide.
- 5+ years experience in a demand forecasting or capacity planning role.
- Data modeling experience for complex networks.
- Knowledge of terrestrial and submarine networks, globally.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting carrier KMZs and route based latency measurements.
- Programming skill, ideally in Python or Go.
- A track record of successful collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Maintain a fine-grained demand forecast for Roblox’s global edge network.
- Develop and maintain a forecasting model for backbone network demand.
- Improve network reliability by creating network failure simulation tests and providing data driven recommendations.
- Participate in site selection for new network PoPs based on traffic patterns and peering availability.
- Collaborate with server capacity planners to ensure sufficient network capacity for new compute buildouts.
- Determine server capacity needs for software-based network systems such as load balancers.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar