- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a member of Roblox’s Network Infrastructure team, the Network Security Engineer will help ensure that Roblox’s global network continues to safely and reliably serve the needs of players and third party developers. We run services and a hosting platform with some unique complexities, so this role is an opportunity for the experienced network security engineer to take on new challenges in addition to applying their existing expertise.
- Experience implementing and evolving network security policies and practices in rapidly growing organizations
- Deep knowledge of Internet routing and security best practices
- Experience as a network engineer building and operating global networks
- Experience with network attack vectors, techniques, and remediation
- Experience with NetFlow/IPFIX/sFlow
- Experience programming with languages like Python or Go
- Created and or implemented DoS, DDoS mitigation strategies
- Developed multi-tiered ACLs and firewall policy design
- As a plus, experience developing algorithms for automated anomaly detection
- Design and maintain security mechanisms, both Internet-facing and internal, for the Roblox production network
- Lead the implementation of routing protections such as RPKI, RTBH, and FlowSpec
- Conduct application protocol security reviews, and advise software developers on best practices
- Participate in security incident response
- Help build and sustain a secure-by-design culture through driving best practices, collaborating with security engineers in other teams, and educating teams in how we can reduce our operational risk
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar