- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Engineering Efficiency is building out the tooling platform that will enable our excellent engineering teams to continually modernize and improve the Roblox platform, which supports the rapidly growing universe of content developers working to expand the Metaverse.
Our north star is to make engineering at Roblox “Fast, Safe and Easy”. These are high impact positions, supporting our engineering team as we expand the platform to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to provide the progressive deployment tools and infrastructure they need. Your work will ensure that every engineering team at Roblox has the tools they need to safely and automatically release software with high quality and velocity. This is an exciting time at Roblox, we are growing, and you will be a founding member of the new team.
This is a greenfield opportunity, as we work to modernize Roblox’s development pipeline. If you are customer-focused and looking for an environment to challenge you, you’ll be right at home within our experienced and expanding Engineering team. As a Site Reliability Engineer in Engineering Efficiency, you will help provide highly scalable, resilient, and performant systems that make Roblox engineering tick.
- Experienced with 3+ years experience as a software engineer focused in SRE/DevOps, and have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- A fluent programmer in at least one common language (C#, Python, Java, Go,...) and able to coach others
- Experienced in deploying enterprise applications to cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) using common automation tools (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, Ansible)
- Experienced in troubleshooting, identifying areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Build, automate, and improve multi-cloud services that support Roblox Engineering.
- Set up, administer and advocate for 3rd party and open source development tools at scale such as GitHub Enterprise, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, and others
- Identify important problems and prevent them from reoccurring by root cause analysis and automation.
- Develop and share best practices with our engineering teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for developer applications
- Build the foundation for a global team of engineers who are building groundbreaking technology to create the Metaverse
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar